Hi,

My name is Michael and I'm currently studying the source code of Freenet.

I have found that the object reference for all PeerNode objects has the
IP address of the peer associated with it. How is anonymity kept with
the IP of the peer exposed? I have examined the log file and it seems
the object reference of the peers are logged as they are added.

What I'm confused is since Freenet seek to promote freedom of speech in
the presence of strict government control, if they decide to run a
Freenet node and collect IP addresses in this manner, the consequences
would be unthinkable....

I have tested this by adding another node of mine and my IP address
appears as expected.

Can anyone explain to me why??

Thanks,

Michael