-----BEGIN TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----
Message-type: plaintext

In <35af28770608261648v10edeb06mee2478eebf1be3b0 at mail.gmail.com> urza9814 at
gmail.com wrote:
>Through the opennet. Which won't exist for, like, a year.
>Hmmm.....

>> >That is not true.  Freenet 0.7 is designed to form one global  network, not
>> >multiple independent networks consisting of small groups.
>> >
>> >Ian.
>>
>> Ian,
>>
>> How can freenet grow to be a global network unless someone in one group
>> trades connection information with someone in another group?
>>
>> Hypothetical - A group of people in England, another in France, another in
>> Russia, and another in China have grown individual trusted 0.7 freenets. No
>> one in any of these groups knows someone in the other freenet group, and
>> they don't want to just advertise in IRC chat to find someone to connect to
>> because they don't know and trust this as a way to add people to their
>> freenet. How will these freenet groups become a part of a global network?

The answer is simple.  Without open-net and at least some reasonable percentage
of nodes
operating as part of both open and dark nets, 0.7 will NEVER become part of any
global
network.  It will instead be limited, broken into hundreds or thousands of
little
'island netowrks'

Open-net is required to tie these islands into a global network.

I will repeat something I read on frost recently,

"We should all start pestering the hell outta both Ian and Toad to get open-net
deployed."

-----END TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----