This is a Type III anonymous message, sent to you by the Winston Smith
Project Nefarion mixminion server at nefarion.winstonsmith.info. If
you do not want to receive anonymous messages, please contact pbox-
admin at winstonsmith.info. For more information about anonymity, see
https://www.winstonsmith.info/pws or
https://e-privacy.firenze.linux.it.

-----BEGIN TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----
Message-type: plaintext

In <35af28770608241201n680631f1v158485f8cdc4073 at mail.gmail.com> urza9814 at
gmail.com wrote:
>Freenet 0.5 is an opennet. You connect to any random node that happens
>to be on. Freenet 0.7 doesn't have this yet. In 0.7, there is no main
>network. There might be now, but the idea of the way it currently is
>setup is to allow small groups to connect without connecting to
>everyone else. Pretty much, there's nowhere for the content to go.
>It'd be like trying to move everything on the internet to your local
>LAN.
>That, and it's just a complete program re-write I believe. It's quite
>easy to 'convert' the content...open a page, save it, and then
>re-upload it. The data stores work differently, and anyways the data
>is distributed, so there wouldn't be any easy way to move it over.

I don't know enough programming to do this, but I have an idea for a tool:

Given that a user has an 0.5 node and a new 0.7 node import the data store.

the tool would read the 0.5 store files, convert them to 0.7 format and then
write them
into the 0.7 store directories.

Other than that, freesites will have to be saved in their entirety and then
inserted
into 0.7.  Has FIW been fixed to work with 0.7?  If it has, I'd be willing to
help insert
0.5 content into 0.7 once I can get 0.7 working on windows98

I would also want to have enough refs to be able to guaranteed connectivity at
all times.

-----END TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----