Hello Junfeng

We cannot perceive the distance regarding the sound source directly. The
both receptors for sound, differently the eyes, are dedicated for perceiving
the direction regarding the source, not the distance. Thus, we must rely
upon natural Stimul, stored by listening experience in our mind.

Unfortunately, that detection is very difficulty. Especially, if we don't
know the genuine sound of the source, we can estimate the distance only very
crude.

Moreover, if the playback room spends considerably own reflections at the
signal, the correct estimation regarding source distance becomes nearly
impossible, especially for proximate sound sources. Thus, the description of
the formidable deep impression of any loudspeaker reproduction seems
doubtful in my view.

Regards, Helmut
www.holophony.net