On 17/04/2011 02:28, Junfeng Li wrote:
Dear list,

I am now wondering how to subjectively evaluate distance perception in
virtual environments which might be synthesized using WFS or HOA (high-order
ambisonics). In my experiments, the sounds were synthesized at different
distances and presented to listeners for distance discrimination. However,
the listener cannot easily perceive the difference in distance between these
sounds.

Anyone can share some ideas or experiences in distance perception
experiments? or share some references on this issue?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Junfeng