One set of gains that works is

    0.2357    0.2357    0.2357    0.2357    0.2357    0.2357
    1.0000   -1.0000    0.0000    0.0000    0.0000    0.0000
    0.0000    0.0000    1.0000   -1.0000    0.0000    0.0000
         0         0         0         0    1.0000   -1.0000

I put a write up on how to derive those at:

  http://www.ai.sri.com/ajh/ambisonics/umashankar_velan.html

--
Aaron (hel...@ai.sri.com)
Menlo Park, CA  US