On 2012-09-27, Joseph Anderson wrote:

Our goal is to have a complete system conveniently encompassing the tasks of encoding, processing, and finally decoding for artists and composers interested in working with Ambisonics. [...]

I see that you're working with Max/MSP at the moment. Our currently release of the ATK is as a SuperCollider library.

This sort of a thing makes it easy for the composer, which is just wicked cool. That makes people provide more content. But at the same time, it doesn't help the developer who wants to incorporate ambisonic into hir software. There, I'm pretty sure what would be needed would be an all-encompassing ANSI C conformant library.

Does anybody around here have any ideas of how to produce something like that? Not as an alternative to the ATK, but as a parallel implementation aimed at the lower level implementers? Perhaps with some extra API's for low level use? Preferably even sharing code, where possible?

At the moment we haven't implemented HOA features, but there are plans to begin with this aspect from January.

There in particular I'd ask for help from various weird circuits, because arbitrary order of HOA calls for some pretty weird code. It's numerically funky even at fourth order, not to mention at the orders which approach a hundred, which is what the highest WFS folks seem to do nowadays with their simpler, linear arrays. I'm pretty sure the two frameworks could be folded into a single library, just as they theoretically fold into the same holophonic framework. So, does everybody work together for the common goal, here? :)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2