Hi Dave,

The paper Blauert cites is by Gardener, M.B (1969) ... this one:

http://asadl.org/jasa/resource/1/jasman/v45/i1/p47_s1?isAuthorized=no

(I dont have access to it right now)

The abstract says the experiment included the use of both loudspeakers and
voices. Blauert's wording suggests he is referring to the results using a
real speaker .

Maybe you can access the paper and give us more details.

Etienne

http://etiennedeleflie.net