Hello David

>M Rolan wrote:
> >
> > Tell me please on wich pieces should I be carefull
>
>If you're using the methoxide process, do not use equipment that is not
>"intrinsically safe for use in potentially explosive atmosheres".
>
>washing machine motors have carbon brushes on a commutator which are very
>efficient spark generators

But many people use electric motors of some ilk to stir their BD. And
water pumps, and thermostats, and more. Haven't heard of any
accidents yet. So what would you suggest? Industrial-level safety
that would pass the official inspectors' tests? For backyarders?

>Solenoid valves - sealed against explosive methanol vapours?
>water pump - ditto plus pressure
>thermostat - and if it fails?
>static protection - you have none
>
>And so it goes on. None of this addresses the toxicity of methanol nor the
>environmental implications of waste water, VOC emissions or glycerol
>disposal.

You're talking about a commercial operation here. We've just been
discussing the toxicity of methanol, we've just established that the
environmental implications of waste water are essentially a
non-issue, we've just agreed that glycerine "disposal" is also a
non-issue because it's too useful to dispose of.

Are you saying we should all go full-scale commercial or give up? I'd
vouch that many or most of the biodiesellers on this list are as
aware as or more aware of environmental issues than commercial
operations (which will comply as much as they have to, because they
have to, not because they care), and we all insist on full safety
precautions - but this kind of safety overkill will just price us
right out of the operation. And it is overkill. And seems to be
rather contrary to your sig, below.

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Tokyo
http://journeytoforever.org/

>------------
>Recycling - not a chore more a way of life
>
>Dave Preskett         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>The BioComposites Centre
>University of Wales, Bangor
>Deiniol Road
>Bangor
>Gwynedd
>LL57 2UW
>

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!