Hi Ted:

First, I think this is a broad market and there is room for a range of
options, biodiesel, SVO...NADI, and others, depending on markets and user
needs.

Second, to come up with a workable recipe for NADI took the researchers
several years of R&D, and their solution to certain technical shortcomings
of earlier efforts to have a sort of "mix and go" for vegoil use in diesels,
(versus the need to make methyl ester and deal with the concerns expressed
in this discussion earlier), or the need to fit an SVO system, is what
earned them a patent.

Now, that additive is what is available for 80% local vegoil - 20% additive.

Sound familiar? What is methanol? 20% input from an outside supplier, and
which is 99% of the time derived from fossil natural gas.

 The NADI additive is  far safer to ship, store, and handle than methanol
and safer than handling sodium hydroxide and sodium methoxide,  and is
largely a natural, renewable base with small percentages of
petrochemical-derived ingredients.

The difference, and advantage, over making biodiesel is that it is safer and
easier to use thatn the inputs needed for biodiesel, and can literally be
mixed with a canoe paddle if you want, to make an almost (probably well over
90% - better than biodiesel) completely natural renewable alternative diesel
fuel.

One that is largely based on locally-produced vegetable oil, and  produces
no waste products of glycerine or waste water.

That will be of interest in some markets, as the cost comes down (of
additive), as distribution and availability increase, and as cost of
petrodiesel rises, etc.

Note that it is not competitive with biodiesel in North America at this
time, for use as fuel,  but may be of interest in specific markets in coming
years.

No power needed, no water needed, no methanol, no sodium hydroxide. No
processor.  No wastewater or glycerine to get rid of. No separation in
storage for 12 months. Good cold flow properties. Testing seems to indicate
lately that power and fuel economy increase, and emissions decrease, at
perhaps better than biodiesel levels, in blends with diesel. I am waiting to
see more on that, but those are the results from the latest round of tests.

Yes it is patented worldwide to the best of my knowledge. No,sorry,  I won't
make it that easy and give you and the 1000 others on this list the patent
#, but it does exist.
It is available with a bit of digging, I don't feel any obligation to
provide information to the group beyond what I have indicated in some
earlier posts. Some may not be as interested as you are in developing their
own product from scratch ( in which case you don't need to study the patent,
since you do not want to be dependent on others), but  may be more inclined
to 'borrow' well beyond the point of infringement and thus perhaps deprive
the developers of their right to make and sell patented product for a period
of years in exchange for their having disclosed a potential trade secret to
eventual public domain.

Anyone remember Camillo and his comment on how he had to sell a few million
$ Energea continuous processor units before telling us all how it all
worked? Same thing.

No offense taken by your questions, and none intended in this response, BTW.

This is just one of  a number of vegoil/biodiesel options out there, we are
interested in the full range.

Edward Beggs
www.biofuels.ca

> From: Ted Swarts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:48:48 -0800
> To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: NADI and Komet was  Safety and the environment
> (waswashing machine and biodiesel)
>
> Dear Edward,
>
> In general, my personal attraction to biofuel is the independance it gives
> those who have the will and resources to make it, as compared to its
> potential as a widespread (global) replacement for gasoline or diesel, which
> I personally believe is limited.
>
> With this in mind, what appeals to me as a consumer of biofuel technology,
> are processes and products that enable rather than bind. Although I'd prefer
> to build my own equipment and systems, I'm not obsessed with reinventing the
> wheel and if some company can provide me with superior equipment at a
> reasonable cost, I'll consider purchasing it. But what I don't want is to
> lock myself into an arrangement where I'm dependant upon that same vendor
> for an ongoing supply of anything much less an additive which may be
> reasonably produced by myself.
>
> What I am getting at is this: Why would I use your NADI additive when I can
> create my own? Why would I put myself in a position where I'm eternally
> dependant upon a supplier of that product? Such dependance grates me. This
> isn't to say that many of the products your company provides are not wanted
> and needed for they nodoubt are.
>
> As to the NADI additive itself, you said it is "largely composed" of
> "renewable and natural
> products." This statement implies that some of its ingredients are not
> renewable or not natural. What are these other ingredients? Is this product
> patented and if so what is the patent number?
>
> Over the past several months, I've appreciated your contributions to this
> forum and I hope you will not interpret my questions or comments as
> offensive, for they are not meant to be.
>
> Ted Swarts
> Kelowna, British Columbia

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.