From: cornfed62 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 12:37 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [biofuel] Re: ethanol distillation

> > As long as you are using a propane tank in the system.  Have you
> > considered using a larger tank.  Using the air comnpressor draw a
> > vacuum onto the tank and then use it as a stored energy source.
> > typical thousand gallon service propane tank with special
plumbing
> > and valving will retain a good volume of vacuum and then with
> special
> > valve controls, you can apply it as needed.
> I had a 100 pound (20 gallon?) tank in mind, for a cheap version of
> a 'slobber-box'. A prototype will have to be done with readily
> availble(and real cheap) materials.

The concept that I had and didnt fully explain was to use the large
propane tank as a vacuum reservoir to draw the vapors into the tank
to be drained from the bottom after they condensed.  This would
isolate the air compressor from the ethanol vapor.  This would also
(I believe) draw off and contain the CO2 for further processing at a
later time. (Is there a ready market for CO2?)  But it would need a
large volume of ready vacuum at the beginning and continuously thro
the process to keep the air compressor isolated and the various
vapors contained.  I am making the assumption that a pressure
container will hold up to strong vacuum stresses.  All pressure
containers are required to undergo a inspection on a set schedule.
The tanks that are not suited for re-certification for propane are
sold as scrap metal and recycled.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM