"Sloppily made BD can not only ruin an engine but spew much more crap
into the air than commercial petrodiesel." - Dana Linscott.

Please explain.

Please explain also how the mythical case you've outlined below
differs from petrodiesel. Petrodiesel quality is rather variable, and
generally poor-quality in the US, which is years behind Europe in
improving diesel fuel quality. What's to stop a local petro-diesel
supplier adulterating his fuel? Because that's what you're talking
about - NOT sloppily made biodiesel but adulterated biodiesel, a
different matter. Not splitting hairs, it's a different matter. As
with any fuel, the best-made biodiesel in the world can be
adulterated at any stage between the producer and the engine.

>I have to assume that you mean my statement regarding
>the likelihood that "the most sloppily made biodiesel
>is better than the best petrodiesel" is not true and

You've failed to demonstrate that it's not true. Sloppily made or
not, there's no sulphur, minimal PAHs and genotoxins (ie cancer
risk), less VOCs, far less PM10s and PM2.5s, less smog-producing
potential - less pollution, less health-risk.

Also, instead of fairy tales, please provide some real-world examples
to support your claims. Where exactly is all this "bad biodiesel" you
keep tilting at? What real-world damage has it done?

>Please note I did not say well made biodiesel does
>either.

You've noted this a couple of times. Nobody said you did say that, to
the best of my knowledge. Can you point us at it please? If not, best
drop it.

Thankyou

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Osaka, Japan
http://journeytoforever.org/

>--- Harmon Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Dana said:
> >
> > >  In this case I
> > > offerred my profssional services Gratis or more
> > > accuratly for the price of accepting primary
> > > responsability.
> >

> >     I can't imagine why YBD would want any help from
> > you, Dana, after
> > seeing the irresponsible and damaging statements
> > you've made about
> > biodiesel. With friends like you, who needs enemies,
> > eh?
> >
> >     And when are you going to answer Keith's request
> > for proof of those
> > allegations? I really think you need to either back
> > up those statements
> > or publically retract them.
> >
> > Harmon,
>
>I have to assume that you mean my statement regarding
>the likelihood that "the most sloppily made biodiesel
>is better than the best petrodiesel" is not true and
>that besides "spewing more crap" into the atmosphere I
>have to breath the "most sloppily made biodiesel"
>might also have bad effects on engine longevity.
>
>Please note I did not say well made biodiesel does
>either.
>
>I have a very hard time believing that this needs
>backing up...but here goes.

<snip>

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM