Common Sense---- adj.
  "good sense or practical judgment"
    Webster New World Dictionary

--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Sloppily made BD can not only ruin an engine but
> spew much more crap
> into the air than commercial petrodiesel." - Dana
> Linscott.
>
> Please explain.

I cannot believe that you are serious...but here goes
again.

What goes into unregulated BD? NO ONE KNOWS. That is
the point. Without quality control which is out of the
hands of the producer
unscrupulous/unknowlegable/unskilled producers can put
"ANYTHING" in a tank and call it "biodiesel".

(Insert my pervious disclaimer about YBD only
producing the highest quality BD here)

If this "ANYTHING" is run through a diesel engine and
does not damage it or spew pollution into the air I
would be amazed and pleased. This would mainly be due
to how simple it would make all our lives if one could
run "ANYTHING" through a diesel engine and have the
polluting qualities of the material disappear. And my
respect for Rudolf Diesel and current manufacturers of
engines based on his design would increase to near god
like status if one could run "ANYTHING" through their
engines and not only eliminate "ANYTHINGS'" inherent
pollutive qualities while at the same time causing no
damage whatsoever to the engines themselves.

If you don't get my point now I believe that you
simply do not want to understand my point and no
explanation I can give will suffice.

> Please explain also how the mythical case you've
> outlined below
> differs from petrodiesel. Petrodiesel quality is
> rather variable, and
> generally poor-quality in the US, which is years
> behind Europe in
> improving diesel fuel quality. What's to stop a
> local petro-diesel
> supplier adulterating his fuel? Because that's what
> you're talking
> about - NOT sloppily made biodiesel but adulterated
> biodiesel, a
> different matter. Not splitting hairs, it's a
> different matter. As
> with any fuel, the best-made biodiesel in the world
> can be
> adulterated at any stage between the producer and
> the engine.

Surely you are not arguing for more regulation here
Keith! (I am being facecious) I am only concerned at
this point with ensuring that a consitent and high
quality product is provided by the BD producer.
Contamination later on is a different matter.

> >I have to assume that you mean my statement
> regarding
> >the likelihood that "the most sloppily made
> biodiesel
> >is better than the best petrodiesel" is not true
> and
>
> You've failed to demonstrate that it's not true.
> Sloppily made or
> not, there's no sulphur, minimal PAHs and genotoxins
> (ie cancer
> risk), less VOCs, far less PM10s and PM2.5s, less
> smog-producing
> potential - less pollution, less health-risk.

See above regarding "ANYTHING"

> Also, instead of fairy tales, please provide some
> real-world examples
> to support your claims. Where exactly is all this
> "bad biodiesel" you
> keep tilting at? What real-world damage has it done?

You have the same access to the reports on your own as
well as other alternative fuel web sites. If you wish
to say that studies or personal experiences archived
there (that don't agree with your opinion) which
indicate that some care is needed in producing
biodiesel or "bad things" happen are rubbish that is
your perogative.

This is just common sense Keith...impure biodiesel CAN
be made and bad things can happen when it is run
through an engine. Common sense...no more...no less.

> >Please note I did not say well made biodiesel does
> >either.
>
> You've noted this a couple of times. Nobody said you
> did say that, to
> the best of my knowledge.

Yes you are correct..no one has said this but that is
exactly what the questions you keep asking are based
on.

Can you point us at it
> please? If not, best
> drop it.

I would ask the same of you regarding this question.
Please poll the list members to see if anyone else
does not understand my point before asking me to
"prove" it over and over.

Dana

> Thankyou
>
> Keith Addison
> Journey to Forever
> Handmade Projects
> Osaka, Japan
> http://journeytoforever.org/
>

> >--- Harmon Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> more
> > >

> > >     I can't imagine why YBD would want any help
> from
> > > you, Dana, after
> > > seeing the irresponsible and damaging statements
> > > you've made about
> > > biodiesel. With friends like you, who needs
> enemies,
> > > eh?
> > >
> > >     And when are you going to answer Keith's
> request
> > > for proof of those
> > > allegations? I really think you need to either
> back
> > > up those statements
> > > or publically retract them.
> > >
> > > Harmon,
> >
> >I have to assume that you mean my statement
> regarding
> >the likelihood that "the most sloppily made
> biodiesel
> >is better than the best petrodiesel" is not true
> and
> >that besides "spewing more crap" into the
> atmosphere I
> >have to breath the "most sloppily made biodiesel"
> >might also have bad effects on engine longevity.
> >
> >Please note I did not say well made biodiesel does
> >either.
> >
> >I have a very hard time believing that this needs
> >backing up...but here goes.
> >

> <snip>

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM