T    Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:12:30 -0500
   From: "Steve Spence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Re: BP chief fears US will carve up Iraqi oil riches

the USA is a democratic Republic. Not a true democracy.

Steve Spence

What's the difference?

The USA and most other democracies are Representative
Democracy.
ie. You vote for your representative once every 4/5 yrs.
Once elected,  Government does not consult the electorate on
policy decisions, which is why we're not moving to sustainable
practices nearly fast enough. (the vested interests having profound
influence on govt policy decisions)
I'm working on another model, Direct Democracy. This is based on
internet voting, where any issue can be selected and a referendum
can be held at any time.
If we the people can unite on the internet, then just maybe we can
start to influence government policy.
James

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to