Hi.  I have been running my '85 VW Golf on 100% biodiesel since this
past August and have been chewing on some emissions issues since then:

First, where can I have my car emissions checked?  I have checked
with Smog Check stations (in the SF Bay Area) and none of them want to
touch a diesel.  My car has over 200,000 miles and may need a tuneup.
 I'd like to get a baseline to see what kind of improvement I'm
getting with biodiesel and how much improvement there would be with a
catalytic converter.

Which leads to the next question - where can a find a good catalytic
converter for an '85 Golf?  I understand that use of veggie fuels
allows you to use catalytic converters that would be otherwise
destroyed by the sulfur in petro fuel.  How does this work, and where
might I find one that will work for my car?

Thanks much for your help.  I look forward to hearing your replies.

Bruce