I;m starting to really get the picture that the jerks (some of them no
doubt well-intentioned) who developed America's current model of industrial
agriculture had just a little bit of 'playing god' going on. 'Carnivorous'
cows? (ie cannibalistic practices in feed) Cows that are fed their own
manure as a 'protein supplement'?

Factory farmed salmon, for instance- almost the opposite of the cows
described below. The practice involves taking an obviously carnivorous
fish, confining it and feeding it a vegetarian diet (probably some kind of
waste product, I imagine). The result is salmon with no color, which are
then dyed red to make the meat attractive to consumers.

Disgusting.

Mark