Getting way off the original topic,I've got a question I';m too lazy to
google for (and think people might be interested in the answer to):

Any ideas out in this group on a cost comparison between the costs of
operating home heating oil furnaces (meaning potentially biodiesel heating)
and propane heating? I know that I'm asking a pretty general question
without specifics on particular equipment, however, we're wondering if
there's any easy answers about relative efficiency of burning the two
fuels  and the cost differences per gallon or pound or whatever (I'm not
living in an area where home heating oil is common, in fact, I don't
believe we really get winter here anyhow, was running around town wearing
shortsleeves and sandals yesterday).

A group of us are going into the design phase of the small strawbale
structure we're volunteer-building next summer for a community center in
eastern Montana- the passive solar and superinsulated elements of the
building should make it cheap to heat, but we're still looking for a small
home heating oil furnace to use in it, and looking for some economic
justification for them to go the oil heating (and biodiesel) route for
their heating rather than propane options which of course are readily
available in small heaters (don't know much yet about small oil furnaces)...
thanks in advance,
Mark