To some degree this is already happening. By next year many of the
SUVs will be on Minivan Chasis rather than truck chasis. Esentially it
a minivan with a little more comfort. More of an upright seating and
some real room to put a couple of things in back.

Additionally it occurrs to me that the use of BioDiesel actually
favors the GasGuzzler. For example, the plant that is used to make the
oil consumes more carbon (from carbon dioxide) than it produces for
fuel (in oil). There is quite possibly a net improvement in the CO2
levels when using B100 and that makes the guzzler a good thing. Okay,
maybe I'm wrong but it seems plausible.

td

> - This is a valid point, however the question of "why" remains. I
believe
> that the sooner the death of the SUV arrives, the better. I would
hazard a
> guess that if the SUV became uncool, virtually SUV owners would be quite
> content with a lower, sleeker vehicle that, because of the inherent
power
> draw of the 4wd drivetrain and bigger wheels, got better mileage.
Few SUV
> owners really "need" an SUV. The ones who do don't necessarily want a
> watered down version. If people are content with the low ground
clearance of