Hi Keith

Alex
Chris

My 83 model Yamaha has a rubber seal at metering pump and every body
know that how BD react with rubber. 1983 model was still using rubber
material for a seal unlike 1990 model Yamaha dio used by Chris or
tricycle motor that tried BD as a lube oil they are not experiencing any
bleeding at metering pump. I stop mixing BD for 2T oil in my metering
pump because of incompatability of two materials one is ester base and
another is mineral base. I used premix at gas tank 1:20 proportion. And
I'm looking for replacement part of metering seal that is not rubber as
to date I cannot find that seal that will fit the 19983 model Yamaha
which 20 years old piece of equipment.

With regard to alex claim all I can say is that BD will work as lube oil
for 2 stroke gasoline engine considering the potential o reducing smoke
emission and cheap price of producing BD. Folks at rural or even at
metro manila used the recycle mineral oil because it is cheap compared
to price of 2T lube oil or senbel bio 2T oil, it is lower than 20-30 %
market value of present commercial 2T oil. Just imagine a 20-30 % saving
for poor tricycle driver is big for them. If BD will be available for
them at the same price of recycle mineral oil who will used the recycle
mineral oil that produce a trail of smoke on the road. If poor tricycle
driver will be a given choice to select between BD and recycle mineral
oil. I guess the outcome will be obvious.

Home brewer like me is not discourage to the claim of alex and time will
come that BD can be accepted as a lube oil either pure or blended with
ester-based additives.

Best wishes
frank