We don't use any water in our toilet. We use a sawdust toilet, very
simple, no odours. This raises an issue everyone seems to have missed
so far - water isn't the only problem with flush toilets. The other
problem is with what's flushed - waste disposal. What a term. Try to
find such a thing in nature beyond human society. The concept doesn't
even exist.

This is rich organic matter, very often representing the soil
fertility of places where soil depletion is a severe problem. And we
waste it. It should be returned to the soil. Proper composting not
only conserves it but enhances its value to the soil life and to
future generations of plants. This is something we can do that's
actually an improvement. But just look at what we do instead: soil
robbers, water wasters, biosphere despoilers. If you have any land or
garden at all, get a sawdust toilet or a composting toilet.

Resources here, at the same link I gave earlier in this thread (you
really should read the stuff on this page!):

http://journeytoforever.org/compost_humanure.html
Humanure: Journey to Forever organic garden

"Food is fabricated soil fertility." William Albrecht.

Every time you go to the toilet you're wasting someone's soil.

Best

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511