Biodiesel as a fuel I have bought a new 2004 VW Jetta
TDI. I have read several postings from various chat
pages that the new TDIs shouldn't run Biodiesel.

Biodiesel's no problem, SVO/WVO is something of a controversy. See:

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_TDI.html
The TDI-SVO controversy

Here's a whole archives thread about it, there's plenty more in the archives:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/22272/1/

Does
anyone have any experience with the new TDIs? I would
like to start using Biodiesel in it either as an
addative or straight, but don't want to cause any
problems.

VW covers biodiesel use in Europe but not in US! They don't like soy, neither does the Euro biodiesel standard, EN 14214. More on this here:

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/34769/1

Best wishes

Keith

 Thanks for any help or information.