Some years ago BOSCH Denmark sent out a letter and a poster to the BOSCH
workshops, warning against all kinds of Alternative fuel(=
non-fossil-fuels), including RME and FAME, which was specifically mentioned.
They refused to cover any damages coursed by non-appropriate fuels, and
forwarded the warranty question to the car manufactory, if they accepted
Biodiesel, such as VW. I suppose that BOSCH Denmark just forward the message
from the German headquarter.

Last year in June Spiegel Online published an article "No more release for
Biodiesel", informing that VW had stopped the biodiesel release for the new
Touran, I suppose the 2.0 PDI 4 valve/cyl engine. The reason was not the
fuel it self, but fuel quality problems.
http://www.spiegel.de/auto/werkstatt/0,1518,254679,00.html

Niels