To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Kids Opt for Kerry

Todd,

I think that for the most part, it is just going to be a matter of agreeing
to disagree about Politics and those that make a living from it.

OTOH, I think that for the most part, we do agree for the most that
something needs to be done about world energy practice, although, I believe that the way it needs to be done starts falling into the realm of politics.

Your idea of a " global Marshal Plan on energy " has merit, the problem is
that the maximum number of terms that a person may be President of the US,
puts a damper on it.    Someone that is in office for only a maximum of 8
years, is only looking to do the best they can for those 8 years, because
sure a there are little green apples, the next man in, is most likely going
to change things.

For the idea to have a global Marshal Plan on energy for 16 to 20 years,
means it would have to be a law from congress, and few people their would be
willing to gamble with any presidential ambitions that they may have,
although a few would rather stay in congress where they think that they can
make a long term difference.    The one real chance for a global Marshal
Plan on energy, would be to vote a majority of congressional members into
office, that would not care if they served a second term of not, because I
don't think that most Americans would like the results, and would vote them
out the next election.

Should a energy Marshal Plan like law pass, the thing that you would then
have to worry about then is Big Oil and those that benefit from Big Oil (
farmers that rely on the fertilizer that oil is used for, the workers that
work for companies that rely on oil to produce the products and so on )
taking the global energy Marshal Plan law to court, calling it
unconstitutional, discriminatory, ect...

While wanting everyone to have there oars in the water, is nice, I think
that there are just too many people in the world with differing opinions, to
come to a world wide consensus.    To many people want the walls and
division, it makes them feel special.    To touch lightly on politics,
people like Jessie Jackson appears to like building walls, were as Marten L.
King wanted to tear them down.

Greg H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Appal Energy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>