To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 5:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] more on the quality test

Todd,
Thank you , I was most interested in your post as I am new to making Bio (450lts so far) I had a bad batch which was like milk, I put it aside to let it settle over a week, it did but very
little. I bought a new aerator and I think I agitated the mix to much!!!
I am a potter and use all sorts of chemicals for my glazes so I thought I would try some to separate the glob. I used Calcium Chloride about 40 ml in a 90ltr batch , the reaction was interesting, both started to separate leaving the soaps in a curdled layer at the bottom . I decanted the clear bio to my wash vessel, I have now washed it 2x and will wash again
it is very clear now.
Question-- calcium chloride is water soluble, that's why I want to wash it well, but would it do any harm to the engine if there were traces left in the fuel for some reason or other???
if you don't know the answer maybe somebody out there might !.
I know this is not the way to make Bio but I didn't want to throw out the batch and I guess
we all like to experiment .
Peter.