Hakan Falk wrote:

And all of it because a bad language interpretation at the end of WWII. When the Americans, after winning, asked the Germans what they most needed to avoid starvation, they answered Korn (Rye), which the Americans interpret to Corn (Maise) and started to send loads of it. The Germans was very sad about it, not only did they loose the war, but the Americans gave them animal food to eat. Outside US, Corn is an animal staple feed and is not normally used by people, this even today. Even poor people do not eat animal food, if they are not forced to do so.

Why do the Americans stubbornly send animal food to the starving people of the world and expect them to be grateful about it. In most cases it is taken as an insult. Except for US, burning Corn, that are not used for animals, is a great idea. To heavily subsidize production of animal food is not a great idea and you must be American to do so. Not only that, the Americans eat the animal food themselves, food which will make the rest of the world think about pigs and they say that the Americans are rich?! LOL

This has been going on for 60 years now, do not tell me that the Americans are flexible and understanding.

Hakan

To view maize as strictly animal food could be considered insulting to those native to this (American) continent, some of whose legends speak of it coming to them from Sky-Father as a gift. Indeed evidence shows that corn has been cultivated in Mexico 7000 years ago, though what its origins are, no one is sure. There seem to be no wild varieties of corn.

To be sure, the sacredness of corn is ignored by those who hybridize and genetically alter it, changing its characteristics from those that evolution and Sky-Father designed. But even in 1492 when the first seeds were brought to Europe, their value must have been seen as something worth loading aboard and bringing with the first explorers back to their homelands.

I do however recall the difficulty my mother had, when I was a child and growing up in Germany, in obtaining corn on the cob for family meals. Germans did (do?) view maize as an animal fodder, and we were likely looked down upon for eating it.

And now, after reading labels, I discover that the WVO I've been retrieving from behind the restaurant that has allowed me to gather their waste, is 100% corn. My pickup loves it too.

doug swanson