Greetings Marilyn,
You are not telling me anything I don't know, but you are totally correct. Most people unfortunately get their ideas from hollywood/television and think it is real. They are seriously unhappy when you shatter their vision of the world and they tend to attack the messenger. We have been doing our own thing and slowly, people are starting to get interested in what we are doing. The only way I have found to teach someone who does not want to learn, is to not let them know they are learning, at least for a while. By example is all we have. Thankfully, there are examples in many countries of Mother Earth, as exhibited by this list.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

Kim,

Having students who don't want to learn is the hardest part of
being a teacher, especially a history teacher because we have a
responsibility to create citizens who understand democracy and
participate in it wisely.

"If we don't know history we are condemened to repeat it." This is
one reason why the control of our media's news is so harmful.
People are not getting real information about the government
that is creating history (unless they can find it on the internet). But
when confronted with what is being covered up, many don't want
to hear it, and accuse the messengers of being conspiracy nuts.

Marilyn