Hi Bud,

I guess anyone with a nuclear weapon doesn´t get attacked by the U.S. (see North Korea) or perhaps if your neighbor gets invaded for its oil you want a deterent so you won´t be attacked. Also it could be that if nuclear energy is good enough for China to increase their electric power generation capacity then it´s good enough for a Middle Eastern country. I don´t think it´s a given that the UN will impose sanctions on Iran. If they tried several countries might exercise their veto on the security council. I don´t remember was India or Pakastan sanctioned for their nuclear programs? Maybe Iran wants sanctions so it can sell oil at a higher price through the black market. There are many reason if one thinks a while.

Tom Irwin

snip
What I'd like to know is - What does a country sitting
on top of a sea of oil need with nuclear energy???