Clif Caldwell wrote:

> I to sadly have heard the quote out of his own mouth.

        Then you should be able to tell the tree by its fruit!  This is not
the first time Pat Robertson has inserted his foot into his rather
large mouth.

> I have also heard
> his contrite apology.

        Here's what he said:

"Is it right to call for assassination?" Robertson said. "No, and I
apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should
accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."

        But initially, he claimed this:

        "I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take
him out,' " Robertson said on his show.

        This is qualitatively different?

        Besides, what is a man who is supposed to be leading people to Jesus
Christ doing in the political realm in the first place?  Jesus himself
said: "My kingdom is not of this world."  But people like Pat
Robertson use the cloak of religion to promote a political agenda,
legislate morality and gain political power.  This is hardly Christlike.

> Two things are true in this world...... There is a God ...
> And I am not Him. I cannot speak to another man's salvation.

        So you're saying that because we cannot effectively judge another
man's salvation that we should accept the antichristian sentiments of
Pat Robertson as meritorious?

> It is regretable that men who are called "men of God" still have some of the
> old nature in them.

        All of us do.  However, how much evidence do you need to comprehend
that Pat Robertson is NOT a man of God?

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind