robert luis rabello wrote:

>Clif Caldwell wrote:
>

>>I to sadly have heard the quote out of his own mouth.
>>

>       Then you should be able to tell the tree by its fruit!  This is not
>the first time Pat Robertson has inserted his foot into his rather
>large mouth.
>

>>I have also heard
>>his contrite apology.
>>

>       Here's what he said:
>
>"Is it right to call for assassination?" Robertson said. "No, and I
>apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should
>accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."
>
>       But initially, he claimed this:
>
>       "I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take
>him out,' " Robertson said on his show.
>
>       This is qualitatively different?
>
>       Besides, what is a man who is supposed to be leading people to Jesus
>Christ doing in the political realm in the first place?  Jesus himself
>said: "My kingdom is not of this world."  But people like Pat
>Robertson use the cloak of religion to promote a political agenda,
>legislate morality and gain political power.  This is hardly Christlike.
>

>>Two things are true in this world...... There is a God ...
>>And I am not Him. I cannot speak to another man's salvation.
>>

>       So you're saying that because we cannot effectively judge another
>man's salvation that we should accept the antichristian sentiments of
>Pat Robertson as meritorious?
>

>>It is regretable that men who are called "men of God" still have some of the
>>old nature in them.
>>

>       All of us do.  However, how much evidence do you need to comprehend
>that Pat Robertson is NOT a man of God?
>

>robert luis rabello
>"The Edge of Justice"
>Adventure for Your Mind
>http://www.newadventure.ca
>
>Ranger Supercharger Project Page
>http://www.members.shaw.ca/rabello/

Point taken ....
Whether or not I trust Pat Robertson has nothing to do with my reticence
to question his relationship with his creator. Unfortunately I failed
"Deity 101" in school and therefore am unlikely to ever assume that role.
Thanks for the input.
With humbled and "no hard feelings" regards,
Clif