Hello Tom

>So what am I missing?

Maybe that you think it's a war, but the rest of the world sees it as
an illegal invasion and criminal occupation.

How could destroying an independent news agency in a friendly country
and killing its journalists and staff possibly be "considered an
option"???

Millions and millions of people worldwide have and are protesting
very loudly against your "war", they're giving you an even worse
press than Al Jazeera, should bombing them too also be considered an
option? Or should it avoided on the grounds that it would be a "very
bad decision"?

There's a lot of material in the Biofuel list archives, from very
early on, that Americans who think it's a war object to probably just
as much as they object to Al Jazeera (their objections are also in
the archives) (and so is Al Jazeera), and it hasn't stopped yet. I
hope you'll see the option of bombing us as a very bad decision too.

How about this:

"The war dead".

Who did you think of - 2,000 of "our boys"? Most other people think
that means the 100,000-odd Iraqis killed, and your boys are the
killers. There might be some sympathy for them, everyone knows
they're just dupes, cheap cannon fodder, discard-after-use, but more
likely it would be "We told you so, you didn't want to listen."

And meanwhile everybody forgets about Afghanistan. (Your government
even forgot to include it in the budget after promising not to just
walk away this time like they did last time.)

It's not that it's exactly anything new, any of this, it's been going
on for 60 years now and more, while Americans turned a blind eye to
what Washington did abroad with their tax money.

>http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg45962.html
>Re: [Biofuel] Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
>
>http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/41438/
>An Interview with William Blum
>
>http://members.aol.com/superogue/homepage.htm
>Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower, by William Blum
>
>http://members.aol.com/bblum6/American_holocaust.htm
>Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II,
>by William Blum
>
>http://members.aol.com/bblum6/American_holocaust.htm
>The American Holocaust

Time to stop.