Jatropha is big in India, even Mercedes has a 9000 hectares plot with cultivated Jatropha, in Senegal is D1 from England with 20.000 hectares and in Tanzania there is Tanlapia with 18.000 hectares.

Regards,

Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Iresearched it - it was feasible from a theoretical point of view - has
anyone tried it?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hi Isabel
>I heard today that castor beans are an excellent source of biodiesel. Does
>anyone know if this is true?
>Marilyn
>
>Biofuel@sustainablelists.org wrote:
>

>Note: Forwarded Email Message Below:
>

>Hi Keith
>
>It seems as if you don't think it is a good idea to use Jatropha as a source
>to produce bio diesel from?
>
>When I originally posed the question I only received a few messages and
>none
>of them was negative.
>
>Maybe I missed something!
>
>As I originally explained we know nothing about producing bio diesel and
>that is why we posted our original questions and gave a brief explanation
>why we though it would be best to use jatropha.
>
>We have literally read every article we can find about producing bio diesel
>and to date have not found in our opinion any crop better suited for us to
>produce bio diesel from, as a matter fact it seems from what we have read
>that jatropha is the number one choice world wide to produce bio diesel
>from.
>
>You obviously have a lot of experience & knowledge regarding producing bio
>diesel as well as what to use to do so. Therefore If you believe jatropha is
>not the way to go it would be greatly appreciated if you would say so & why
>you think so, because as I have said before we are asking for advice and if
>you have reasons to believe that jatropha is unsuitable I would like to know
>about them so as to enable us to make a fully enlightened decision.
>

>Kind regards.
>
>Isabel.

>messages):

Yahoo! Personals