Well said Kenji and Zeke;

I agree and I think the majority of what you are after Kenji is already written up on the J2F page.  All that is needed is a parent document that references the various quality test documents or includes them. Correct me if I am wrong but can anyone confirm that if the methanol test passes, then the reprocess test becomes redundant?  I haven't verified this.  Currently I'm struggling with such poor feed stock that I can't get really complete reactions with the base only process. I should start doing acid base soon.  Virgin oil works great of course but I don't want to spend the money to buy 30 liters of virgin oil just to see if anything will drop out after passing the methanol test.  List experience would be a boon here folks...Also has anyone tried blending bad oils with better oils to get a mixture that titrates better?  Is this a foolish notion?  I need chemistry propeller heads to answer that one I suppose.
Definitely as long as we continue using waste oils that vary in quality we need a really solid benchmark for quality testing but I believe we already have it!
Another issue besides unreacted components in fue which is related to fuel quality is water content (dissolved water that is  -ppm levels) and temperature effects.  I have started documenting trials with a series of sample vials that contain various mixtures of BD and petroleum diesel (winter diesel recently obtained from the industry) ranging from 2% BD up to 80%.  I have them out on my window sill and take pics at various outdoor temperatures.  The overall quality document should speak to this issue of cold temperature use I think.  I will share my findings with you if you want to include it.

Joe

Kenji James Fuse wrote:
This was what I was getting at, Zeke, but you've put it much more
eloquently and succinctly.

I agree that this biofuels list would make a great self-certification
group, especially as Canadians tend to have this built-in inferiority
complex; and since this list is so international, it would have clout
up here.

Kenji