I think the commercial process was the Katadyne process. You pull an arc
between two silver electrodes under distilled water and filter the result since
you will have a mix of sizes. I think they use something around 30 to 60 volts.
High amperage as you want a plasma. When it goes out you restrike.

  Kirk

"D. Mindock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      Hi Joe,
     I would bring the oven to a shop that routinely repairs them to have that
capacitor discharged safely. The thing with
  using the oven's electronics (no magnetron needed) was the very high rate of
production of CS. Also, it is a higher use of the oven as they do change the
characteristics of protein into something dangerous, i.e., carcinogenic. My
wife thinks they're a godsend. I can't convince her of their intrinsic danger.
I've told her that when the damn thing goes bad that I am not replacing it.
Myself, I don't use it, even for heating water, since it changes the structure
of the water. The microwave
  oven is another modern marvel that has lessened life.
  If CS is made with distilled water in a constant current device using four
nines (99.99%) or better pure silver, it will be safe to consume. I use it to
stop the progression of periodontal disease. I have a bad case of it. Also am
using ozonated
  water. I have no problem with killing of friendly gut flora, but I do take a
good probiotic to hedge my bets.
  Peace, D. Mindock