-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Street
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 3:18 PM
To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Convert your Microwave oven to make Colloidal Silver

See! See!  A quick test will a meter might leave you lying on the floor
witrh your heart all a twitter.  What meter will you use to check 3500 V
DC?  What voltage are the leads good for?  Did you know that even dirt
on the outside of the lead wires can be enough of a conductive path to
let the discharge flow right down the surface to your hands?  No
probably not.  And it would not be something intuitively obvious to
anyone who has not been trained how to work with HV. Because it is not
obvious and everyone has to be taught these things.  Did you know that
the dielectric in a HV capacitor will usually recharge itself quite
significantly after a single discharge?  It is also a naive assumption
that pulling the plug will leave the cap discharged.
No offence to you Logan, but your post just serves to illustrate my point.

Joe

Logan vilas wrote:

>If turn on the microwave and pull the plug while it's running that would
>discharge most if not all of the power in the capacitor I would think. A
>quick test from a meter would verify if it still had power or not.
>
>Logan Vilas

RESISTANCE
> [...]
make
>sure (s)he bleeds the capacitor, which contains LETHAL VOLTAGE. Space the
>electrodes parallel by making holes in a plastic yogurt lid for the top and
>plastic paddle with holes the same distance apart at the bottom; at that
>voltage you have to ensure the electrodes never touch. Using an awl or a
>nail, bash a hole through the light perforations in the box cavity and
>thread the wire through from the CS maker in the oven cavity to the feed
>circuit.
>
>                       Make sure the wire is short enough to make it
>impossible for some goof to operate the unit with the electrodes outside
the
>box!
>
>                       (Hint: the smaller microwave ovens can be put on
>their side so you can get a decent sized jar inside)
>
>                       The first CS maker done this way will take perhaps
>an hour, the rest, 20 minutes, and makes the old (free?) microwave into a
>much more noble device than it was even when it was new. The safeties and
>timer still work and again, it only operates when the door is shut. Total
>cost, a bit of high-voltage wire and the one-ounce rolled-out silver ingot,
>is under about $40 CDN, and I used expensive copper-core spark plug wires
>for the high-voltage part.
>
>                       The CS remains clear (not yellow, not cloudy) for
>many months unless it's somehow tainted. If I make it any stronger it can
>trigger easily if you stick a finger in for example, and it WILL plate the
>inside of the jar with silver at the concentration I make it at. Keep it
>clean ;)
>
>                       DISCLAIMER: Don't ask for a diagram. If you need a
>diagram for this you shouldn't be in there. Get a knowledgeable friend to
do
>it. Keep in mind that the dangerous part is in the construction, not the
use
>of the beast, and be stupid at your own risk.
>

>                       That being said, copyright waived; go ahead and
>circulate this note.
>
>                       Duncan Crow HOME
><http://members.shaw.ca/duncancrow/>

>Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list
>                        archives (50,000 messages):

>               Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>               http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>
>               Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives
>(50,000 messages):
>               http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/

>               Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>               http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>
>               Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives
>(50,000 messages):
>               http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/

>               Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who
>know. Ask your question on Yahoo! Answers
><http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY
1
>NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx> .

messages):