http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/Can-Vitamins-Really-Kill-You--6508.aspx
I just watched Dr Mercola who reported on the study that the media said proved
that antioxidants do not lengthen life and may even kill you. He said
that of the hundreds of studies that were chosen to be studied, they picked the
most unfavorable ones, based on elderly patients who were in poor health. Also
these people were only using synthetic anti-oxidants which are known to be a lot
less effective than natural ones that the body easily recognizes and uses
effectively.
So, once again, the media has been a willing accomplice in softening up the
public
for the day (in 2009) when Big Pharma gets their most ardent wish fulfilled and
all effective
supplements are pulled of the shelves of U.S. health food stores. We must not
allow this to happen. We can neutralize these untruths by writing to the editor,
emailing the TV media news, and joining groups like Life Extension Foundation
(LEF),
the Organic Consumers Association (OCA), etc., and getting their newsletters.
Writing your representative politicians could help too.
Peace, D. Mindock