http://nnlm.gov/pnr/uwmhg/comnames.html university of washington.

  http://www.crimson-sage.com/  they have a pdf catalog
  Stevia
  Stevia rebaudianaNative to Paraguay. A remarkable sugar substitute. Stevia’s
flavor is stable when cooked. You can use it in jams, canned fruits, cakes and
cookies. Your own home grown will taste much better than store bought. Stevia
is fast growing. It thrives in full sun and well drained soil. Pinch off the
flowers as you would with basil. If Stevia is allowed to flower they droop and
become dormant. Some studies have shown that it contains substances that
inhibit tooth decay, increase mental alertness, decrease fatigue, improve
digestion, regulates blood pressure, and is safe for diabetics. However it has
not been approved by the FDA. Excellent sugar substitute for diabetics. My
children love to nibble the leaves. Stevia is a tender perennial. Hardy to zone
9.

  My daughter has researche plants form eastern europe and sourced some. Will
post more info later

  Also
http://www.fungi.com/
  they have kits
  I know people who grow them in their garage.
  http://www.fungi.com/kits/indoor.html
  The Reishi Mushroom Patch™   Growing Temperature: 70–80° F
Ganoderma lucidum, known as Reishi by the Japanese and Ling Chi by the Chinese,
has long been sought after for its beneficial properties. Ling Chi is perhaps
the most well renowned of all the medicinal fungi, represented in Asian art for
thousands of years. Reputed to have many health stimulating properties, Western
studies are increasingly authenticating what Eastern cultures have known for
thousands of years—that this mushroom stimulates the body's immune system. Once
grown, this mushroom is generally broken up, powdered and steeped in simple
teas. Its flavor is strong, distinctive, and pleasant to most people.

  Kirk

M&K DuPree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      I'm curious what botanicals the List thinks might be essential.  My first
thought would be those which strengthen the immune system, which might be what?
 Then?  Mike DuPree