Yeah, for that size, a Ford or Chevy is probably the best bet.  I am not a
fan of these engines -- complicated because they are V-8's instead of inline
designs, and impossible to work on because of the van body.  But the only
other thing to suggest is is a Isuzu NPR or Mitsubishi Fuso -- much easier
to work on, but quite a bit bigger -- more like a 1 ton or 2 ton size.  I
love ours, but we can use a 16,000 lb vehicle with a 16 foot box.   We get
10 to 11mpg on B100.   If you are looking to buy new, the dodge sprinter
diesel is a very nice option -- probably won't find a used one of those
though.

On 5/23/07, Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think your best bet is a Ford or Chevy.  They are hard to find but
worth the look.

Joe Street wrote:

> Look for a mitsubishi delica.  A buddy of mine just imported one with
> low miles from Japan.  He loves it.
>
> Joe
>
> Luke Kareklas wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am a Kid's Birthday Party Entertainer, as well as a Juggler,
>> Magician, and "Balloon Guy."
>>
>> I live in the Midwest, and have all 4 seasons during the year, if
>> this is a helpful bit of information.
>>
>> Lately my entertainment business has gotten really busy and it's come
>> time for me to buy a larger vehicle. I have been a fan of alternative
>> fuels for years, but never pursued a diesel vehicle.
>>
>> I would like recommendations on what type of deisel van would you
>> recommend that would most easily transfer over to a SVO, WVO, or
>> biodiesel system for me to drive? I am looking for a 1/2 or 3/4 ton
>> van, not really a "minivan" type of vehicle.
>>
>> Again, I am naive and new to all this and hope your thoughts will
>> help ground me and get me pointed in the right direction. I guess I
>> have to go buy a diesel vehicle before I can get moving on SVO, WVO,
>> or Biodiesel fueling, right?
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Luke
>>

>> Luke Kareklas
>> *Luke the Juggler*
>> *614-764-8010*
>>
>> www.LuketheJuggler.com <http://www.lukethejuggler.com/>

>>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>>http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>>
>>Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
messages):
>>http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/

messages):

messages):