From: "Pedro Quaresma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> There is an English version of Ambermoon, in the very least in .adf files
> (can these be converted to floppies readable by the real Amiga? No idea)

You can convert the floppies, BUT it's very tricky.  The Amiga used an 800k
floppy format that PC's can't read.  I've heard rumors of a program that
allows you to read and write to Amiga disks on a PC (haven't actually seen
it, try XT-Powers site for that) or you can get a Catweasel card which lets
you read virtually every Disk format ever made on a PC.

> But even the guy behind the Thalion Webshrine isn't sure if there is a
> boxed english version, I'll try to ask him. Anyway, have you played it,
> Karl? Because it looks very good. I know Amberstar was ported to the PC
> too, but it's damn hard to find (it's on my top-10 wanted list...)

Ok, here's the story.  Back around 98 I posted Ambermoon on my website
(these were my emulator years, yes) and it was just the German version and I
actually started an Ambermoon translation project (got the intro and some of
the dialogue translated... real pain in the butt) because the English
version was NEVER released.  The only packaged versions of the English
release might have been to game developers.  The reason the English version
is availalbe in adf format is because one of the developers still had it on
an old hard drive and gave it to the caretaker of the Thalion Webshrine.
Otherwise the game would have been lost forever.  So you are probably
looking at the single most difficult to find game packaging in history... I
doubt they would have started manufacturing considering the game was never
released, so at best there is a protoype of the translated box sitting
somewhere.  But with Thalion disbanded and scattered every which way from
Sunday, your chances are slim at best.

> Legends of Valour was a bit strange, but innovative nevertheless. The city
> of Mittledorf is still most probably the biggest city ever in any RPG up
> date. The game itself had some flaws, but it was the 3d engine I was
> praising. Only played it on the IBM, btw.

See I only played the game on the Amiga and it was so slow and chunky that
it became virtually unplayable in no time.  A shame really, but certain
project just weren't feasible on the old girl and shouldn't have been tried.

Karl Kuras
Visit Our House the online comic strip!
http://ourhouse.trantornator.com