From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 2:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SWCollect] Paypal, even worse

Called them up today to verify what I thought about seller protection. As I thought ANYTHING CAN BE REVERSED IF NO DELIVERY OR SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. Overseas, no transaction is safe since no verified address and no delivery confirm possible, NO PROTECTION, ANY TRANSACTION CAN BE REVERSED. Personal (no fee) acct, NO PROTECTION PERIOD, ANY TRANSACTION CAN BE REVERSED Only "Premier" acct. offers "seller protection" NO SERVICES OR VIRTUAL ITEMS COVERED, any transaction for these can be reversed. What if you offer buyer insurance and they decline it? You take the delivery confirm and the PO loses the package. IT CAN BE REVERSED EVEN THOUGH THEY DECLINED THE INSURANCE SINCE IT DID NOT ARRIVE. The $88 paypal stole from me, person  claimed his acct was hacked, the reason for paypal stealing $88 from me. Both he and I sent paypal massive amounts of info to catch the "hacker". Called today, they did NOTHING with it since they just took the $88 from me, just let it drop. PAYPAL SUCKS, for sellers there is next to NO PROTECTION. Stuart, catch the part about no protection on personal accts? This should not be legal, there should be some sort of law.  And "CAN BE REVERSED" means "WILL BE REVERSED" if the buyer asks for it, count on it!!

Tom

Visit my web page for many games for sale/trade and screen shots of Ultima Escape from Mt. Drash,  Tom's Ultima, Infocom and RPG page
Information in this message reflects current market conditions and is subject to change without notice.
It is believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed for accuracy or completeness. Details provided do
not supersede your normal trade confirmations or statements. Any product is subject to prior sale.
CIBC World Markets Corp, its affiliated companies, and their officers or employees, may have a position
in or make a market in any security described above, and may act as an investment banker or advisor to such.
Although CIBC World Markets Corp. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce ("CIBC"),
it is solely responsible for its contractual obligations. Any securities products recommended, purchased, or sold in
any client accounts
(i) will not be insured by the FDIC,
(ii)will not be deposits or obligations of CIBC,
(iii) will not be endorsed or guaranteed by CIBC, and
(iv) will be subject to risks, including possible loss of principal invested.