Pedro Quaresma wrote:

Please don't get me started on Planeboring: Torment. That game should never have been a RPG.

Ah yes, Pedro, our resident RPG snob. ;-) If Planescape: Torment is a bad RPG by your standards, could you explain why? Is it all the dialog, or bad structure, or what?

More importantly: If I wanted a decent story wrapped in decent RPG gameplay that isn't unreasonably hard, what RPGs over the last 20 years would you recommend? No need to go into details, titles only are fine, but as a relative RPG newbie I'd like to play something that isn't a waste of my valuable time. Here's a list of RPGs I've finished and enjoyed:

Entire Pool of Radiance gold box series (all four games)
Wizardry 1 (haven't tried 2-8)
Fallout (haven't tried Fallout 2)
Wasteland (my #1 favorite game of all time)
Arcanum
Hack

I got through half of Lands of Lore 1 but never finished it.

With that in mind, what would you recommend?
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project:    http://www.MobyGames.com/