From: Jim Leonard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 12:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] "Modern" classics

Pedro Quaresma wrote:

> Please don't get me started on Planeboring: Torment. That game should
> never have been a RPG.

Ah yes, Pedro, our resident RPG snob.  ;-)  If Planescape: Torment is a
bad RPG by your standards, could you explain why?  Is it all the dialog,
or bad structure, or what?

More importantly:  If I wanted a decent story wrapped in decent RPG
gameplay that isn't unreasonably hard, what RPGs over the last 20 years
would you recommend?  No need to go into details, titles only are fine,
but as a relative RPG newbie I'd like to play something that isn't a
waste of my valuable time.  Here's a list of RPGs I've finished and enjoyed:

Entire Pool of Radiance gold box series (all four games)
Wizardry 1 (haven't tried 2-8)
Fallout (haven't tried Fallout 2)
Wasteland (my #1 favorite game of all time)
Arcanum
Hack

I got through half of Lands of Lore 1 but never finished it.

With that in mind, what would you recommend?
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project:    http://www.MobyGames.com/

Information in this message reflects current market conditions and is subject to
change without notice.
It is believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed for accuracy or completeness.
Details provided do
not supersede your normal trade confirmations or statements. Any product is subject to
prior sale.
CIBC World Markets Corp, its affiliated companies, and their officers or employees,
may have a position
in or make a market in any security described above, and may act as an investment
banker or advisor to such.
Although CIBC World Markets Corp. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian
Imperial Bank of Commerce ("CIBC"),
it is solely responsible for its contractual obligations. Any securities products
recommended, purchased, or sold in
any client accounts
(i) will not be insured by the FDIC,
(ii)will not be deposits or obligations of CIBC,
(iii) will not be endorsed or guaranteed by CIBC, and
(iv) will be subject to risks, including possible loss of principal invested.