On Jan 20, 2004, at 2:48 PM, Lee K. Seitz wrote: [Snip]
On this list or in the general population? 8)  I think you'll find
most of this list has some older hardware tucked away for just such
occasions.

I was mainly thinking of the average gamer. For people like us I take it as a given we have multiple machines.

However, you have me wondering now if my current computer supports a
B: drive.  I wanted to move my 5.25"/3.5" combo drive (footnote) to
my new computer, but both 5.25" bays are filled (one CD-R, one
DVD-ROM), so I never tried it.

I've got one of those Gateway combo drives. I never could get it to work after I got rid of my P5-90 (ooooo, Pentium power).

I'm curious, though.  How many people here with older hardware keep it
set up all the time, network it with their current systems, and/or use
KVM switches to reduce the clutter?

I keep a platinum Apple //e setup all the time. I also have my main gaming PC and my retro gaming PC (DOS 6.22/Win98SE dual boot, 3dfx Voodoo2 with a whopping 12 MB RAM :-D) on a KVM switch. Both are networked to make it easier to transfer files or snag the MS security update de jour.

--

Edward Franks