> On Jan 9, 2018, at 8:16 AM, Zach Waldowski via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure a valid use case by a third party makes it hold its weight for
> inclusion in the stdlib. Reproducing its feature set is extremely trivial,
> and would probably allow you to hint the implementation details better for
> your use case.

Right.  The functionality can be moved out to a third party package outside the
stdlib, or copied directly into a project that needs it (worse case).  We’re
not removing the ability for Swift code to do this, just talking about removing
it from the swift standard library (which has a very high bar for
functionality).

-Chris