On 2014-08-22 09:54, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:

>> We assumed a nasty 512k CAM issue in the first place but it seems that
>> the Swisscom Webserver is not accessible via IPv6. Anyone else?
>
> I ran into the same issue. I had just rebooted our router and was
> testing it when our SIXXS tunnel didn't seem to come up fast enough.

More details about this "did not come up fast enough"?

> I was cursing it under my breath but soon found out that the problems
> were isolated to swisscom.
>
> I believe some departments at swisscom still consider IPv6 to be an
> experiment. After using their 6rd Border Relay for years on those VDSL
> CPEs, they seem to have silently switched it off recently - at least
> for business customers. SC Support tells me IPv6 is only for private
> customers. Go figure.

They likely switched it off as enabling it means that those business
customers suddenly have IPv6 which they are not firewalling, hence, not
what they want.

The other reason might be that 6rd does not perform that well which thus
causes support calls for important paying customers...

Greets,
 Jeroen