On 2014-08-22 11:21, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:
> Hi Jeroen
>
>>> I ran into the same issue. I had just rebooted our router and was
>>> testing it when our SIXXS tunnel didn't seem to come up fast enough.
>>
>> More details about this "did not come up fast enough"?
>
> When I reboot the router, I have no SIXXs tunnel for many minutes
> after the underlying pppoe session comes up.
> I was testing IPv6 connectivity with a ping6 to google.

Did you check a traceroute? Or more importantly that you could reach the
other side of the tunnel? Google is a few hops away at minimum.

> When I had no
> success I tried pointing a browser to a v6 destination - google
> obviously didn't work, then took swisscom's front page which didn't work
> either.

Which just heavily indicates that your connectivity is broken, one way
or another (might just be a firewall).

> I realized that maybe the tunnel was to blame. So I took it down and
> started it again.

What do you mean with "starting it again"?

> Then finally when ping6 to google worked, I tried to
> refresh my browser's page still pointing at swisscom . That's when I
> started to curse but soon decided to go our own webservers and to sixxs
> where I was welcomed with IPv6.
>
> I will have to look into the interfaces' configuration - maybe this
> weekend. Perhaps the problem is that the sixxs tunnel interface is
> trying to start too soon although it's linked to the ppp-interface and
> is supposed to wait for it coming up before it activated itself. I shall
> try again after introducing a delay before the tunnel tries to start.
> I'll let you know if I still have troubles.

Seems you have a strange setup, more technical details would be very useful.

Greets,
 Jeroen