Hi Martin

> In fact, the 6rd solution was only implemented for residential
> customers, but was never thought to be used for SME products. It only
> worked by chance, as the Border Relays were reachable also from SME
> IP-ranges. We recently had to scale up the border relays, due to
> increased traffic (6rd works extremely well and is highly performant,
> it is about to be enabled for all residential customers by default).

Nice to hear the IPv6 adoption is about to make another big step
forward.

> At the same time the Border Relays were placed at a different
> location in our network. This means that they are no longer reachable
> from the IP ranges of the SME customers. Hence the interruption, I'm
> sorry it cannot be made to work easily.

That explains why the SME support didn't have a clue what I was talking
about.

But if it's indeed working as good as you say, why not keep it active
for the SME IP range in the meantime?

> Again, IPv6 was never officially supported for SME products. An
> official PPPoE-based solution is being worked on, so I hope you
> activate a few tunnels in the meantime and we won't lose you as a
> customer.

Don't worry about me, I'll figure something out. There are still good
tunnel brokers out there.
Just make sure the CPE / router / firewall vendors and the SC partners
get the technical and organizational details in time to be prepared for
it.

Thanks for the clarification anyway.

Regards

Jean-Pierre

--
HILOTEC Engineering + Consulting AG - Langnau im Emmental
IT für KMUs: Netzwerke, Server, PCs, Linux, Telefonanlagen,