Hi Jeroen

> > I ran into the same issue. I had just rebooted our router and was
> > testing it when our SIXXS tunnel didn't seem to come up fast enough.
>
> More details about this "did not come up fast enough"?

When I reboot the router, I have no SIXXs tunnel for many minutes
after the underlying pppoe session comes up.
I was testing IPv6 connectivity with a ping6 to google. When I had no
success I tried pointing a browser to a v6 destination - google
obviously didn't work, then took swisscom's front page which didn't work
either.
I realized that maybe the tunnel was to blame. So I took it down and
started it again. Then finally when ping6 to google worked, I tried to
refresh my browser's page still pointing at swisscom . That's when I
started to curse but soon decided to go our own webservers and to sixxs
where I was welcomed with IPv6.

I will have to look into the interfaces' configuration - maybe this
weekend. Perhaps the problem is that the sixxs tunnel interface is
trying to start too soon although it's linked to the ppp-interface and
is supposed to wait for it coming up before it activated itself. I shall
try again after introducing a delay before the tunnel tries to start.
I'll let you know if I still have troubles.

> They likely switched it off as enabling it means that those business
> customers suddenly have IPv6 which they are not firewalling, hence,
> not what they want.
>
> The other reason might be that 6rd does not perform that well which
> thus causes support calls for important paying customers...

It was never activated by default on the business CPEs and everyone
doing to needed to do it on purpose by entering the 6rd details. So
hopefully those people had a firewall concept - but you never know.
What makes me the most angry is that they switched it off without
prenotice and there is no information about it anywhere, neither on the
labs-page nor in the partner portal.

Either I have to switch to a SC wholeseller who offers native v6
or I shall be activating a few tunnels for those customers who are now
deprived of 6rd. And I though Martin told us at a swinog event that 6rd
was a permanent decision for SC's pppoe customers.

Best Regards

Jean-Pierre

--
HILOTEC Engineering + Consulting AG - Langnau im Emmental
IT für KMUs: Netzwerke, Server, PCs, Linux, Telefonanlagen,