Short update on this problem, which should be fixed by now:
- I was able to reach the responsible team, and they answered very quickly. I
was positively surprised!
- They confirmed there's a problem with the zone content on their Dyn
nameservers
- They then added additional NS records on level msa.msidentity.com to point
only to Akamai servers (overriding the
  50:50 split for msidentity.com)
- The result now is that mail.msa.msidentity.com gets resolved only bei Akamai
servers, and should thus resolve
  reliably.

I don't know the reason why they couldn't just fix the zone copy that gets
distributed to the Dyn servers, but the
workaround fixed the problem at hand, so problem solved :)

Congrats to the Microsoft AAD Network SRE team, I didn't hope to get any
answer, but they took care of the problem
right away!

Cheers,
Markus