I know all your arguments and all they make sense, but....

- Is switzerland big enough to run 2 big exchange points?

- Could there be any benefit for the whole internet eco-system
  in switzerland, when there is only one (distributed) exchange
  point in switzerland?

Personally i think, a 'Bündelung der Kräfte' would not be a bad
idea. It will help, to ensure the further development of an
good peering infrastructure for switzerland, where is Zurich not
the one-and-only interconnection place for internet traffic.

>  1. CIXP is owned and run by CERN, *not* Telehouse Geneva (Hi Paolo!).
>
>  2. Telehouse Geneva is just a place where the second CIXP switch is
>     located.
>
>  3. Why and how would you 'merge' two Internet Exchanges in different
>     cities which are more than a couple of kilometers away from each
>     other?  What would you merge?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/