Fredy Kuenzler wrote:
Likewise we see IP transit pricing going down to 20% of the price of three years ago, however IX ports are still on the same rate or even more expensive. Therefore being member of TIX for instance does not value any longer unless <small ISP> can handle at least 5 MBps over
it. In other words: I'd like to see port prices falling to reflect IP
transit prices - otherwise commercial IX'es become obsolete, because
<large carrier> cannot handle traffic over it anymore and will move
to private peering and for <small isp> it's no longer worth to peer themselves because buying IP transit is simply much cheaper.

FYI: Topic started today in the NANOG list.

F.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/